Friday, May 20, 2011

hmm...

ok, i don't consider myself superstitious, but sometimes my fortune cookie messages seem to correlate with whatever is going on in my life. when i came back from a mission trip to costa rica in 2008, i knew i wanted  to spend more time out in the world as a missionary. shortly after,  i got a fortune cookie that said "you will step on the soil of many countries"and then i went to africa, and then i married a man who wants to be a traveling nurse. crazy right?

so anyway, i will be totally forthright and say that i am a little bit overwhelmed and unsure of how to successfully launch my photography business and am relying a lot on prayer because things don't seem to be rolling as fast as i would like (granted, dj says i have the patience of a housefly). last week i got a fortune that said "all your hard work will soon pay off" and today my fortune said "you have sound business sense." this tells me three things: a) i eat at places that offer fortune cookies way too much and need to start bringing my lunch to work and b) maybe this is intentional encouragement sent my way.... OR c) it's just a coincidence and i need to continue to pray and have patience...

i'm going with a little of all three

~mrs. p

No comments:

Post a Comment